R.A.T. Your Rodent Around-the-World Traveler (a.k.a. Raz)

Hi, My name is R.A.T., which stands for Rodent Around-the-World Traveler (I like to think it stands for Rodent Adventure Traveler), but everyone here calls me Raz for short. I would love to share my adventures with you. I left my rat family in early January to seek adventure. Everyone said "head west young rat," so that is what I did. I headed west to San Diego, California where I ran out of land and had to hop on a ship to continue my journey. It turns out that the ship I found was going west around the world--a dream come true! The MV Explorer is home to the famous Semester at Sea study abroad program. My shipmates include 629 college students and about 150 faculty, staff, lifelong learners, and family members. Things are really busy here on the ship and even busier when we are in port. Come follow me vicariously as I take this incredible journey. Yours, R.A.T.

P.S. I had such a great time on the voyage that the adventure continues!!!!



Monday, April 20, 2015

Moroco - Casablanca & Fez



Our last major port was Casablanca in Morocco. We just walked by Rick's Cafe, but we did stop at the Hassan II Mosque. It's minaret is almost 700 feet high making it one of the tallest religious structure in the world!
Here I am inside the mosque. It has lots of scalloping peacock arches. I feel really small! The roof is retractable so one can see the sky, but it was closed when we were visiting.
We also visited the cathedral, which is no longer used for worship. It was Patrimony Week, so many buildings were open for tours. We were able to climb up on the roof for a good look at the city.
We also visited the city of Fez.
Here is one of the beautiful gates in the city.
We stopped in a shop to watch the tanneries below where they make leather. I liked seeing all the vats of different color dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment