R.A.T. Your Rodent Around-the-World Traveler (a.k.a. Raz)

Hi, My name is R.A.T., which stands for Rodent Around-the-World Traveler (I like to think it stands for Rodent Adventure Traveler), but everyone here calls me Raz for short. I would love to share my adventures with you. I left my rat family in early January to seek adventure. Everyone said "head west young rat," so that is what I did. I headed west to San Diego, California where I ran out of land and had to hop on a ship to continue my journey. It turns out that the ship I found was going west around the world--a dream come true! The MV Explorer is home to the famous Semester at Sea study abroad program. My shipmates include 629 college students and about 150 faculty, staff, lifelong learners, and family members. Things are really busy here on the ship and even busier when we are in port. Come follow me vicariously as I take this incredible journey. Yours, R.A.T.

P.S. I had such a great time on the voyage that the adventure continues!!!!



Saturday, February 7, 2015

China - Guilin Boating, Biking & KFC!



We made it to beautiful Guilin. Here I am at a little temple on top of a hill. I iked the circular openings. They remind me of an exercise wheel!

A little bit of Western culture right next to our hotel in Yangshuo. The Chinese love KFC.
We took a boat trip down the Li River to see the karsts.
There were a lot of them!

Here are some tourist from China. They like to pose for pictures.

Our boat was bigger than this one.

Back on solid ground we went to visit the inside of a karst.
This is what we found inside. Pretty!

We then went on a bike/hike trip. Since they did not have a bicycle my size, I ended up riding in the basket.

This is where we rode to. We then had to hike up that big hill to the half moon opening.

We made it!


Time for a break on the bus to village.
Longji Mountain Village

Rice terraces outside of Longji Mountain Village








No comments:

Post a Comment